Contraindicated for the following infections due to fosfomycin-sensitive bacteria such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Proteus vulgaris, Serratia marcescens and Staphylococus aureus and Escherichia coli strains resistant to many drugs: sepsis, bronchitis, bronchitis, infectious bronchiectasis, pneumonia, purulent lung disease, purulent pleurisy, peritonitis, pyelonephritis, cystitis, adnexitis, intrauterine infection, bacterial infection pelvic cavity, metritis and bartholin gland inflammation.
Patients with a history of hypersensitivity to fosfomycin.
Patients with renal insufficiency have creatinine clearance <5ml / min, nephritis, pyelonephritis or abscess around kidney.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
Intravenous drip infusion:
The usual daily dose of fosfomycin for intravenous administration is 2-4 g (content); IV intravenous drip. The above dose is divided into 2 doses. Each dose is dissolved in 100-500ml of infusion, the infusion time is from 1-2 hours.
– The daily dose is equal to the intravenous drip but must be divided into 2-4 doses. The solvent used to dissolve 1-2g of this preparation is 20ml of water for injection, according to the Japanese Pharmacopoeia or 20ml of 5% glucose solution, according to the Japanese Pharmacopoeia. The duration of intravenous administration must be made in 5 minutes or more.
* The above dosage may be adjusted according to the patient’s age and the symptoms of severe, mild illness.
– Children over 12 years old 15): intravenous infusion not exceeding 100-200mg / kg / day
– People with moderate renal impairment 15) (creatinine clearance ≥ 60 ml / min) do not need to adjust the dose and the interval between doses. Patients with creatinine clearance below 60 ml / min need to extend the interval between doses. The interval between doses depends on creatinine clearance.
– Hemodialysis patients 15): 2g infusion after each dialysis.
– Elderly: no dose adjustment is needed.
Storage temperature not exceeding 25 degrees Celsius
36 months. Do not use the medicine after the expiry date stated on the package
MEIJI SEIKA PHARMA CO., LTD.
2-4-16, Kyobashi, Chuo – ku, Tokyo 104 – 8002, Japan.