Scientific name: Lonicera japonica Thunb. Family: Caprifolianceae (Com Chay family)
Vines type, the body can be up to 9-10m long, hollow, with many branches, young green, brown-red when old, on the body with vertical lines running. Leaves opposite, ovoid long. Leaf blade 1.5 – 5cm wide, 38cm long. The leaves are green all year round, cold season does not fall. When the flowers bloom, they are white in color. Flowers grow in the interstitial leaves, each interstitial leaves have 2 flowers growing on a common stalk. The bracts are like leaves but smaller. Corolla petals, from 2.5-3.5cm long, divided into 2 irregular lips. Lips broadly divided into 4 small lobes, 5 stigma attached to the pharynx, protruding out beyond the flower. Fruit ball, black. Stick flower buds, slightly curved, 25cm long, diameter up to 5mm. The outer surface is yellow to golden brown, covered with short hairs. Mild aroma of bitterness. Flowering season: May 3-5, Fruit season: June-August. Grows in mountainous areas, prefer moisture and light.
The plant contains tannin and a saponin. Flower contains a flavonoit, scolymosid lonicerin) and some carotenoids (S. carotene, cryptoxanthin, auroxanthin), in India, it is said that there are luteolin and i-inositol. Berries are rich in carotenoids, most of which are cryploxanthin. The leaves contain a glucoside called loganin and about 8% tannin.
Parts used: Newly bloomed flowers. Few leaves and wires.
• Antibacterial Effect: honeysuckle perfume has a strong inhibitory effect on staphylococcal, typhoid and Shiga dysentery bacilli. Sac has a stronger effect than other dosage forms (Vietnam Medicinal Resources Resources).
When studying the antibacterial effect in vitro by diffusion method and concentration system, it was found that 100% concentrated concentrate of Honeysuckle Flower has strong antibacterial effect on dysentery bacilli, plague, injury. Welding, paratyphoid, hemolytic streptococci, cholera. Weak effect on bacilli bacilli, E.Coli, Pneumococcus, Staphylococcus aureus. Honeysuckle juice with a concentration of 201.2% inhibits Shiga bacillus, with a concentration of 2050% inhibits typhoid bacilli, a concentration of 100% has an effect on coccidiosis (Vietnam Medicinal Resources Resources) ).
• Anti-Inflammatory Effect: reduces secretion, reduces heat and increases phagocytic effect of white blood cells (Chinese Pharmacology).
• In addition, honeysuckle juice also has the effect of enhancing fat metabolism (Vietnam Medicinal Resources Resources), anti-tuberculosis, central nervous excitement (Central Pharmacology).
Often used to treat boils, measles, urticaria, itchy sores, toxic heat, dysentery, cough due to heat exhaustion. People also use Kim Ngan to treat allergies (allergic rhinitis and other allergies) and rheumatism treatment. Can be made into cool tea to treat psychic fever, cough, and prevent inflammatory bowel disease, cooling, detoxification, acne, except pruritus rash.
In addition, Kim Ngan is also combined with some other medicinal herbs used in many prescription for very good effect:
1. Cure pruritus, rash, pimples-headed boils: Honeysuckle 10g, Horse tip 4g, water 200ml, sharp color 100ml, divided into 2 drinks a day.
2. Antidote: Kim Ngan, Sai earth, Tho Phuc Linh, 20g each and Licorice soil 12g, excellent drink.
3. Relieve new fever, rash or rash, measles: 30g Honeysuckle, Mulberry leaves (20g pie) 20g, excellent drink.
4. Cure measles venom: Honeysuckle and lettuce, all 10g, stars over, excellent drink. Or Honeysuckle 30g, Ban 30g grass, use fresh crushed, add decant drinking water, if using dried herbs, excellent drink.
Kim Ngan – Herbal effective acne treatment