MEIACT is indicated for the treatment of the following infections caused by susceptible bacteria strains (see characteristics summary):
– Acute tonsillitis, acute pharyngitis.
– Acute maxillary sinusitis.
– Severe exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
– Acquired mild to moderate community pneumonia.
– Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections such as cellulitis, wound infections, folliculitis, impetigo and boils.
Attention should be paid to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
The dosage used depends on the severity of the infection, the patient’s condition, and the bacterial strain.
How to use:
The tablets should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of water. The drug should be taken with meals.
Adults and teens (over 12 years old):
– Tonsillitis, acute pharyngitis: 200mg, cefditoren every 12 hours for 10 days.
– Acute maxillary sinusitis: 200mg cefditoren every 12 hours for 10 days.
– Severe acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis: 200mg cefditoren every 12 hours for 5 days.
– Community-acquired pneumonia:
Mild cases: 200mg of cefditoren every 12 hours for 14 days
Average case: 400mg of cefditoren every 12 hours for 14 days
– Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections: 200mg cefditoren every 12 hours for 10 days.
Children under 12 years old:
For children under 12 years of age, MEIACT Fine Granules is recommended.
No dosage adjustment is necessary in the elderly, except in cases of severe renal or hepatic impairment.
Cases of renal insufficiency:
No dose adjustment is necessary in patients with mild renal impairment. In patients with moderate renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance of 30-50 ml / min), the total daily dose should not exceed 200mg of cefditoren every 12 hours. In patients with severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance <30ml / min), a single dose of 200mg cefditoren is recommended once a day.
There are no recommended doses for dialysis patients
Cases of liver disability:
No dose adjustment is necessary in patients with mild hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh A), moderate hepatic insufficiency (Child-Pugh B). In the case of severe hepatic insufficiency (Child-Pugh C), no data are available to allow setting of recommended doses.
– Hypersensitivity to the main active ingredient cefditoren, as well as to other cephalosporins or any excipient ingredients. For patients with casein hypersensitivity, patients should be informed that this drug contains sodium caseinate.
– History of severe or / and moderate hypersensitivity reaction to penicillin or other beta-lactams.
– As with pivalate-producing substances, cefditoren pivoxil is contraindicated in cases of primary carnitine deficiency.
Store at temperatures below 300C. Store in original packaging.
36 months from date of manufacture
TEDEC-MEIJI FARMA, S.A.
Carretena M – 300, Km 30, 500, 28802 ALCALA DE HENARES (MADRID), Spain